Acceptable Evidence For Obama Work Visas

How can I prove what is required to apply for an Obama Work Visa (Deferred Action)?

The following gives examples (so other forms of proof may be acceptable) of what can be used to prove that you meet the requirements. More information about acceptable evidence can be found in the form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. Original documents or certified or official copies of documents are necessary. Generally, copies of documents are not acceptable.

Documentation you can Submit to show you Meet the General Requirements

Proof of Who You Are

  • A Passport from your birth country
  • A Birth certificate with photo identification from your home country
  • A School or military ID with photo
  • A immigration or other document bearing your name and photo issued by the United States Government
  • A Passport with admission stamp
  • Form I-94/I-95/I-94W
  • Records from the schools in the United States you have attended

Proof that you came to United States before you turned 16

  • Any Immigration and Naturalization Service or DHS document stating your date of entry (Form I-862, Notice to Appear)
  • Commercially made Travel records
  • Hospital or medical records
  • Immunization records

Proof of Your Immigration status

  • Form I-94/I-95/I-94W with authorized stay expiration date
  • Final order of exclusion, deportation, or removal issued as of June 15, 2012
  • A charging document placing you into removal proceedings

Proof of Presence in U.S. on June 15, 2012

  • Rent receipts or utility bills
  • Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc)
  • School records (letters, report cards, etc)
  • Military records (Form DD-214 or NGB Form 22)

Proof you continuously resided in U.S. since June 15, 2007

  • Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony
  • Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country
  • Passport entries
  • Birth certificates of children born in the U.S. with you named as a parent
  • Dated bank transactions
  • Title loan paperwork, money transfer documents
  • Social Security card
  • Automobile license receipts or registration
  • Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts
  • Tax receipts and automobile, home or other insurance policies

Proof of you were a student when you requested consideration for “deferred action”

  • School records (transcripts, report cards, etc) from the school that you are now attending in the U. S. that has the name(s) of the school(s), when you attended and your grade level or degree you are now seeking
  • Diploma or certificate of completion from a United Sates High School
  • United States GED certificate

Proof you are veteran honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces or Coast Guard

  • Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
  • NGB Form 22, National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service
  • Personnel records of military service
  • Health records from military service


Free Consultation