Are You Looking For A Wrongful Death Lawyer in Utah?
A wrongful death is a painful experience that is often financially devastating. The family has significant medical expenses, final expenses for the deceased, and a loss of years of income and benefits.
While there is no legal remedy for the family’s pain, the law allows the spouse or children of the deceased to seek monetary compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
What is Wrongful Death?
When someone dies in an accident that is the fault of a third party, it is a wrongful death. The third party can be a driver in a car crash, a building owner responsible for many types of conditions, a creator of a faulty product, or any person responsible for a situation which caused a wrongful death.
Here are some common cases in which wrongful death arises:
- Auto, motorcycle or boating accident, especially one that is alcohol-related
- Product failure causes a death
- Unsafe facility causes an accident, leading to death
- Medical malpractice
Wrongful death law compensates the family when someone dies in an accident.
What Compensation Is Available For Wrongful Death In Utah?
Wrongful Death Compensation
The law compensates those whose loved one died based on several factors:
- Medical and funeral expenses associated with the death
- Lost income, benefits or financial support from the deceased
- Loss of love and care suffered by the survivor
- Punitive damages for the party at fault
A wrongful death suit can provide families security after a loss.