Your Questions about Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Claims


If you suffer from an injury that is directly related to your job, then you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. There are different rules about this and they can vary from state to state, so you need to understand the laws in Las Vegas. Below, we will discuss some questions about Las Vegas workers’ compensation claims so that you will have a better understanding of what to do.

If I Was Injured on the Job, What Should I Do?

Of course, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. You should go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care for treatment. Do this before you do anything else. Tell the healthcare provider that you were injured at work, so that it can be properly documented.

As soon as you can, you will need to notify your employer that there has been an injury while you were on the job. In Las Vegas, you will need to fill out Form C-1, which is called the Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease Incident Report. You only have seven days to get this form filled out, so work quickly. Make sure that the form is filled out properly and then return it to your supervisor.

How Do I File the Claim?

After you have completed the previously mentioned steps, you will need to also fill out Form C-4, which is called the Employee’s Compensation Report of Initial Treatment. This form will be provided to you by the doctor and you should include as much information as possible including your name, the date, the date of injury, your contact information, your employer, etc. The form has a place for your medical provider to give information as well. You should not fill out this section.

How Long Do I Have to File My Claim?

It is best to file the claim as soon as you can so that no other extenuating circumstances arise. But, according to Nevada law, you have 90 days from the time you filled out Form C-1 to file your claim through Form C-4. Remember that the longer you wait, the less of a chance you have of getting compensation because too many things can change or arise.

Can I Go to Any Doctor I Want?

When you are initially injured, you will need to go to the nearest emergency room. However, for further treatment, you will have to go to an authorized provider who accepts the employer’s HMO or MCO. You will need to find out who the correct provider will be so that you don’t lose money because you went to the wrong one.

Should I Hire a Lawyer?

If the injury is very minor and you don’t even miss work, you likely will not need one. However, if the injury is severe and you will have numerous expenses to claim, then it would be advisable to seek legal representation. That way, an experienced attorney can look out for your rights.

Anyone who has been injured while doing their job may have workers’ compensation claims and they should follow through with the process so that they can be given money to cover their medical expenses and lost wages.

Bighorn Staff

About Bighorn Staff